Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Birthdays are the Best



This week I turned 20!!! That's right, the big two-oh. I have been alive for two decades and am no longer a teenager. oh yeah. As stated above, birthdays are the best. really.

First off, the day was absolutely gorgeous! I could not have special ordered a better day. 80*, blue-skyed, cloudless, and sunny with a cool breeze.



When I got to work, one of the ladies that I work with brought donuts for my birthday. YES! boston cream all the way.

As my present to myself I took a half day off work. best decision ever. I sat outside under a tree and finished the book I've been reading for the past forever. My parents took me to Panera for lunch and I got a delicious turkey and artichoke panini. My mom and I went to the grocery store to get stuff for my  birthday dinner and cake and since it was my birthday my mom let me get chocolate milk AND peanut butter jumble ice cream. win.

The rest of the day was spent chillin at my house. My mom made my dinner and my dad made my cake (with a little help from me on the frosting). I had chicken and veggies with potatoes for dinner and then coconut cake.


My parents got me The Proposal (one of my favorite movies ever!) and a cookie dough scoop for all my baking needs :)

My  parents and I (and my puppy) finished off the night with a walk around the neighborhood under the stars.

With another year of life under my belt, I've been thinking a lot about my future and the journey that is life. Before I went to bed I listened to two talks by President Monson: Finding Joy in the Journey and Be of Good Cheer. They are two of my favorites and are even better when you actually listen to them. There's just something so uplifting about hearing the words spoken by the Prophet himself.

"Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future."


"Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment