Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

June!!!

 -I am so excited that it's JUNE! Best month of the year :)

-We've been having some lovely stormy weather this past week. Menacing dark clouds, thunder that makes the dishes rattle, and the soothing sound of pouring rain drumming on the roof. On Sunday my dad and I were at the local boy scout camp taking a walk with my dog and it started to pour. It only lasted a minute but we decided it would probably be a good idea to start heading back to the car. We were walking down the road, car in sight. There was just the quiet rustle of trees but it started to get louder. We thought it was just the wind in the trees but as it got louder and windier we realized that it  was the storm moving down the mountain towards us. That's when we started to run. We made it to the car just as the wind picked up to about 30 mph and the sky opened up. This is the kind of weather I live for :)






 - We got to go down to the D.C. temple on Saturday. The weather was gorgeous. As was the temple, of course.



- I applaud the man who wrote this article. It is an essay about prejudice in academe against Mormons titled: "An Acceptable Prejudice?". It is a great non-LDS perspective piece.

-Saturday night I made this white bean turkey chili


and Sunday night I made this buttermilk-blueberry breakfast (and lunch and dinner, for that matter) cake:


-I've recently rediscovered the tv series Bones. I can't stop watching it. Last night alone I watched 4 episodes. So much for exercising or cleaning my room or doing anything else remotely productive.


song of the week:
"Things Are Gonna Get Better"

No comments:

Post a Comment