Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Springing into Summer

This week has gone by so fast. Monday night was spent playing Bang with my family for Family Home Evening. Tuesday was Institute. Wednesday night I was home with some free time, so what did I do? I baked muffins, of course. While listening to Les Mis. Now that is a winning combination.

{whole wheat banana spice muffins with brown butter icing}

For those of you that don't know, Les Miserables is my absolute favorite musical of all time. It is also one of my favorite books. If you haven't heard, seen, or read it your life is not complete. All the songs have been stuck in my head all week since Daniel's chorus concert last Friday when they sang a Les Mis medley and he had a wonderful solo in the finale :)

Not soon enough it was finally the weekend. Thank goodness. Friday night mi Madre and I made pizza from scratch. It's one of my favorite things to do while I'm at home. It's a good way to spend time together and the pizza is wonderful!

I started off Saturday morning with a lovely discussion about statistics with my dad (who'd have thought I would ever be caught talking about stats voluntarily :P). Then we went to the post office to turn in my passport application!!! So excited to be getting ready for London! On our way home we stopped at the farmer's market and the bakery. I really like farmer's markets, like a lot. I was majorly excited when it finally opened. I got some fresh local organic apple juice (in a cool glass bottle) and some yummy looking asparagus that we had for dinner:


The bakery, Sweet Things, is new in town and is super cute! We got a mixed berry scone to try and it was delicious. If you live around Dillsburg you should check it our for sure!

After we got back I helped my dad change the oil in one of our cars and then we went on a run. It was super humid and gross today but we ran the cross country course at the high school (most of which is in the woods) so it was a good run overall. The great things was that the high school pool was open so we got to take a refreshing swim afterwards :)

I thought about cleaning my room yesterday. I really did, honest. I thought about it really hard. But I'm afraid that's about as far as I got. I sat there and looked at it for a while and almost had the inclination to actually do something, but then I didn't. I also managed to not do my laundry...oops...

Some exciting news... I got a calling in my home ward for the summer. I get to teach the 12-13 year old Sunday School class. Yup. I decided the best way to handle the situation was to bribe them with baked goods:

{good ole' chocolate chip cookies}
[these were for last week]
{rice krispy treat-esque golden graham s'mores}
[they're kind of addicting]
I think it kind of worked. I mean, they still only have a 2 second attention span but at least I think they like me.

I also, for some reason, agreed to be the Relief Society pianist for the summer. Yeah, I mean, I play piano but not...well. at all. So here's to practicing piano and developing my talents!

We've had some lovely rainy weather lately :)

{double knock-out rose bush that my Dad got my Mom for Mother's Day/their anniversary. cute :)}

And this song that I discovered yesterday and has been stuck in my head since then:


oh. my. goodness. this song easily made it into my top ten on the first listen. so adorable. 
Do yourself a favor and listen to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment