Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Life Lately

-I've only been home for 4 weeks and it already feels like forever.

-This is what happens to my hair when I live on the east coast:


-Especially when the weather looks like this:


Boy did I miss rain while I was out in Utah. It was nice to come home to some.


But then there are also beautiful, cloudless, 70-something days like today when you get to do fun things like ride in the Jeep with the top down!

Yes, my dad managed to look at the camera and make that face while he was driving :P

And the nice weather makes me wish I were these lucky people:

Complete with canoes, kayaks, lime green short bus, and plastic flamingo. 

-My little brother went to his first prom and looked quite dashing in his tux :)



 -Teaching a Sunday School lesson in a language other than my native one is probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. Sometimes I just don't know how I get myself into these things.

-I've been eating a lot of salads lately. Mostly spinach with different kinds of fruit on top :) So yummy and healthy at the same time!


-I got to spend some time with my dear friend Danika before she left, going to her baccalaureate and graduation, since she has now finished college and is moving on to bigger and better things.

-I started my summer job this Monday as the summer hire in the US Army War College Library. It's a pretty sweet deal.

-Working at a library, books like this are the bane of my existence:


Yesterday I had a 350 page book with about 45 dogeared pages in it. That's roughly 12%. At that point, is there really even a purpose in having pages dogeared?

-I made bbq salmon burgers and breaded zucchini fries, neither of which I particularly cared for, but were okay.


-If you like Harry Potter you NEED to watch this video. It's the "50 greatest Harry Potter moments" with commentary from the actors, director, and J.K. Rowling herself.




No comments:

Post a Comment