Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Just smell the grass! The dirt! Just like I dreamed they'd be!...

I haven't blogged about my life in a bit, so here it goes...

Well, for starters, I'm back in Utah, which is most exciting. I have to say that I have missed it and that I am glad to be back. It was really nice to spend the first couple of days here with some of my family. They are so wonderful to me and I always feel at home with them, even though I haven't spent a lot of time with them during my life or gotten to know them super well. I am especially grateful to my cousins who pick me up from the airport and let me stay at their house and let me keep all my stuff at their house over the summer. They truly are amazing :)

 My job as a resident assistant (RA) is going swimmingly. Last week was training, and then this week residents have started showing up! But tomorrow is the big day when 70% of them actually move in...scary. And I am kind of nervous. I mean, what if they don't like me? what if I'm an epic fail as an RA? There's a lot more to the job than you think there is. But then again I'm probably worrying unnecessarily. I tend to do that.
But one thing that has been extra fantastic about this job are all the awesome people I got to meet. The other RAs (as well as my Hall Adviser) are amazing people. They're all so unique and I greatly appreciate them.

Sunday night my friend Melody and I were laying out in the quad looking at the stars and she brought up an amazing thought. The universe is so infinitely large and yet, who are we that Heavenly Father knows and cares about us each personally. How amazing is that! And the stars and just the whole world around us is so amazing and beautiful. And He made it that way just for us. It reminds me of a little saying:
God gave us all things that we might enjoy life. God gave us life that we might enjoy all things.  
It's just so amazing to me.

Another random thing: I am such a coward. So, yesterday, I was supposed to ask a boy to come with me on a double date with Melody and another boy, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was too chicken. It's a problem. I'm just so painfully self-conscious that I'm afraid to. I'm afraid of looking silly or being rejected that it's easier just to stay home and not bother. I know...it's sad. I'm working on it, but it's so hard for me to just put myself out there. I definitely admire girls with enough self-confidence to just talk to boys and ask them on dates and stuff without being awkward or overly self-conscious...kudos to you! Someday I want to grow up to be like you.

So, as this new semester starts, I will be working on this, among many other things. Keep ya posted.

p.s. If you actually read all of this rambly nonsense...good for you :P

No comments:

Post a Comment