Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Thought of You


 This video was a product of the collaboration of the dance and animation departments at BYU.

What a beautiful and moving work of art. It's so simple yet so powerful.
I know I've felt this way sometimes. Sometimes it seems so hard to just keep moving, to even just get out of bed. But, it's getting better. I think about him less and less. It hurts to let him go, but I'm finally doing it.

And now some fantastic poems from "How to Survive the Loss of a Love" (a really fantastic and sometimes hilarious book):

I shall miss loving you.
I shall miss the
Comfort
of your embrace.
I shall miss the
Loneliness
of waiting for your
calls that never came.
I shall miss the Joy
of our comings,
and Pain
of your goings.
and,
after a time,
I shall miss
missing
loving
you.


To give you up.
What bell of freedom
that rings within me.
No more waiting for
letters
phone calls
postcards
that never came.
No more creative energy
wasted
in letters never mailed.
And, after awhilE,
no more insomnia,
no more insanity.
Some more happiness,
some more lifE.
All it took was giving you up.
And that took quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment