Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Life, I love you, All is groovy.

I can't believe the end of Summer has crept up on me again, as it does every year. You would think that eventually it would fail to surprise me, that I would be ready for that sneak-attack, but, alas, I never am.
Well, folks, I have to say that this summer is wrapping up nicely. Lessons learned and stories to tell

House sitting, I learned that I do not particularly care for sleeping in other people's empty houses, alone. It kind of freaks me out. But the enticing call of the money to be made in this field of work convinced me to house/ pet sit a couple of weeks ago. As much as I didn't like it, it was a really good experience  and I learned a lot.   Especially when my parents decided that they were going to go out of town at the same time. This left me responsible for two houses, two dogs, a full-time job, a car, and a teenage boy. I'm not so sure that I want to grow up anymore...it was a lot of work :P Since I was alone, I learned to depend on Heavenly Father for company. I could really feel the presence of the Spirit and  felt so reassured and safe.

A couple of Saturdays ago I spontaneously decided to go and give blood. Now, for those of you who don't know, I had yet to go give blood unaccompanied and without the shedding of tears. That's right, I always cried whenever it came time to put the needle in. Well, this time I went by myself AND I DID NOT CRY! I know...what an accomplishment...I have to say I was rather proud of myself.

{sorry if this grosses you out}
[my older brother found it kind of disturbing when I sent it to him :)]

Last week was my final week of work for the summer...thank goodness! I liked my job, but, boy was I ready to be done. My last day of work my boss summoned (yes, summoned. he was kind of scary) me over and led be to the back of the library and what did I discover but all of my co-workers and a super awesome cake! They threw me a little going-away party :)

{:)}
[oh yeah, and, it was glittery on top]
{yellow cake with strawberry jam and pudding  filling}
[Pennsylvania Bakery...yum]
 This past Saturday I got to go to the Washington D.C. Temple again before I head back out to school. This time was especially neat because my dad and I went on family search and found some family names for me to do! And I also got an extra-special surprise in the parking lot. I got to see a Megan, a girl from my floor last year. It was so awesomely random that we both happened to be there at the same time! Especially since (she's going on a study abroad this semester) I won't get a chance to see her until after Christmas. What a blessing it was :)

This week is my run-around-like-a-chicken-with-it's-head-cut-off week. So much to do and so little time to do it. So far I did all my clothes shopping, tried Thai food for the first time (so good... if you live in Dillsburg, go to Pakha's Thai House, I highly recommend it), and got some much needed time with my bestie (naturally, this included Glee and some Ben and Jerry's... yum :). Then today I went with my parents to Philadelphia. The history freak that I am, we spent most of our time in Old City looking and touring all the historically significant buildings (Independence Hall, Carpenter's Hall, Congress Hall, etc.). Then headed over to city hall and the Franklin Institute. My favorite was definitely Independence Hall. It's such a special place and there's a certain spirit in the room where they signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I definitely believe that they were divinely inspired documents. And I also love to see the presence of religion and God in our early government

{on the floor in the entryway of Carpenter's Hall}
[the meeting place of the First Continental Congress]
{I know it's really dark, but the bottom of it reads: "Virtue Justice Independence"}
[located in Independence Hall]
Oh, and update on the boy: he is doing fantastically in the MTC, learning Portuguese and what not :)

{he's not as little as he looks, his comp is just really big ( 6' 4")}
Friday is the big day! Heading back out to Utah!!! Ready for a fantastic new year at BYU :) I'll keep ya'll posted on all my adventures :P




No comments:

Post a Comment