Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Life Lately

It's now August and summer is coming to a close. Fortunately for me, I'm a fall kind of girl. Summer has never been my favorite. I enjoy it for the first couple of weeks and then I'm ready for fall. I really enjoy school (especially college), changing trees and cool weather. I like wearing sweaters and scarves, drinking hot chocolate and cuddling ;)

I finished up my summer job a couple weeks ago. I enjoyed working there and it's about as good as it gets as far as summer jobs are concerned, but I sure was glad to be done. They had a lovely little going away party for me, complete with this cake:

{The union jack and a double-decker bus! I almost died}


There have been lots of weddings in the past month. I think like 9 or 10 weddings of people that I know. that are around my age. weird. Some were acquaintances and others were extremely good friends of mine. One I new in my elementary school days, another I have only become close to in the past year. I am so incredibly happy for each of them. They made for some gorgeous brides and handsome grooms.
I was only able to actually attend one of the receptions and it was wonderful to be there to celebrate with them.

{love these guys :)}

Every time I get on Facebook I am bombarded with statuses about BYU and getting back to Provo and it makes me just the tiniest bit sad. I am so excited to go to Paris and London and to travel and learn and grow. But this little part of me almost wishes that I was going back to Utah. RA training was last week and classes start next week and I'm still here feeling like I should be there.

Speaking of Paris and London...I'm leaving in three weeks!!! The only thing that stands between me and my study abroad is...duh Duh DUH...packing...*horrified gasp*. It gets worse. We have been advised to pack light, lighter than we ever have before, ultra ultra light. gah. So basically the next three weeks will be spent packing. I kid you not. I'm sure I will pack and repack and change my mind and pack again. It's a process. a really long process.

And some sad news. My chucks have finally kicked the bucket. They have have been my faithful sole-mates for the past three years but when the hole count reached four and the sole was starting to crack a bit I decided that it was probably time to replace them. So it was with a heavy heart that I went to the mall and picked up a brand spanking new pair of my beloved grey converse low tops.



Because we have a garden I've been doing more vegetable-y cooking. Especially with kale. We have so much kale.

{gnocchi with butternut squash and kale}
[delicious]
{sweet potato, kale, and sausage hash}
[I know, it sounds weird but it was actually pretty good]

I also made these brownies. They're zucchini brownies. Yes, you read that correctly. They were some of the most delicious brownies that I have ever had the privilege of ingesting. They had chocolate icing on top that kind of soaked into the top and made them all gooey and delicious. true story.



And for your viewing pleasure:

How to make a guy like you- Disney Princess style
#5 is my favorite for sure :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you get to go to on the Study Abroad! You're going to love it.. and when you're done BYU (and all of us) will still be here waiting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma I know your haircut isn't new but I just can't get over it! It suits you! You look fabulous. Have such a wonderful time studying abroad! Those Taylor 2100 girls won't know what they're missing but Sydney and I certainly do!

    ReplyDelete