Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Home

Two weeks ago my family and I were busily packing up our house, getting ready to move. For those of you who don't know, I despise packing. Packing just isn't my thing. I would 10x rather unpack than pack. I thought I disliked packing before, but this move certainly took the cake.  Packing up an entire house is way beyond packing up a 19' x 8' room (and I could barely handle that). So...you can probably imagine how much I enjoyed the week leading up to the move. My schedule= sleep, work, sleep, pack, sleep, repeat. I ended up taking two days off work to help get everything packed up and over to the new house.

The new house is quite different than what we're used to: it's much smaller, old (c.1890ish), and a little dark. But I must admit that I like it better. The house is in dire need of some redecoration (which I'm pretty stoked about) but other than that it's quite lovely. Some of the floors are original wood plank and the floor in the kitchen is brick. I like that it's smaller because we end up being together more as a family (or at least in the same room :P). It sits on a beautiful acre of land.  We have "real" trees. My puppy has plenty of space to run around without being on a leash. There is a garden that the previous owners planted that is bursting with delicious produce. We're going to build a firepit so we can make s'mores  :)

We're still in the process of unpacking boxes and moving things around but it already feels like home to me.



And that is what makes a house a home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment