Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Faster, Higher, Stronger



I'm not much of a TV watcher. Except for during the Olympics. I have watched more TV in the past two weeks than I have in the past two years. I just can't help myself.

It's crazy what these athletes are able to accomplish and what our bodies are able to do. After I watch, I always feel inspired to work on myself; to make myself a little bit better. Then, of course, I actually have to do something about it.

I'm really trying to get back into running. I love running, but it's hard. I often forget about that first part and focus on that second part. Many times "it's hard" translates into "I can't". But that is not the case. It may be difficult and painful but I can.  I can run. Every time I feel like I can't I just have to remind myself that I really can, that I have an amazing body that is capable of doing it.


{Sunday was Nike's 'Find Your Greatness' day}


Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion:  The potential for greatest lives within each of us. 
– Wilma Rudolph, American 3x gold medal runner


Make goals. Take action. Find Your Greatness

1 comment: