Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Life Lately

Life is really getting crazy now.

Next week we are moving. It's only two miles away but we still have to pack everything up and move it. And that is a lot to do. I'm sure I'll get it done eventually... I'm pretty stoked for our new house. It's an old farmhouse from 1900 and has the original plank and brick floors. It will take a bit of painting, but I think it will turn out well. The back yard is quite lovely with a garden and a prime spot for a hammock :)

Plans for my study abroad are coming along nicely. So far we're going to see two operas in Paris (one in the old Palais Garnier and the other in the Opera Bastille), two ballets in London (Swan Lake and The Nutcracker!), a Shakespeare play in the Globe Theatre, and a musical in London (hopefully Les Mis!!!). The more they tell us about it, the more excited I get. This semester is going to be amazing!!!

Some of my most recent baking adventures:

{New York Times best chocolate chip cookie}

{banana cake with cream cheese frosting}

{chocolate-coconut rice krispie treats}

{blueberry pudding cake)


Now that I have short hair I feel the need to be accessorized all the time: headbands, bows, earrings, whatever. I just need something. I found some instructions on how to make felt bows on pinterest and now I'm kind of addicted to wearing them.

{I have a couple different kinds pinned here}

It felt like it would never come, but it's been over a year since I said goodbye to my best friend as he left for his mission. Starting the count down. Thank goodness.

I discovered this jem today: The Lower Lights. They have 2 albums of their lovely renditions of hymns. They have a very folky, organic sound and are a joy to listen to. So if you want to listen to the hymns in a new way, I highly recommend them. A taste: Be Thou My Vision


No comments:

Post a Comment