Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Life is Awesome

Anyway. I just want to start out  and take a moment and say how grateful I am for the awesome people in my life. I am so grateful for everyone who drives me places or picks me up, who are worthy and ready to give me Priesthood blessings, for listening to me ramble and rant about my stories and troubles and worries, for thoughts and prayers, for hugs. I appreciate the patience, compassion, interest, and love that I have been shown. It really means a lot to me.

The first week and a half of classes have gone quite smoothly. Last week was rather uneventful. It was fun seeing people after having been away for break, I got a long-awaited letter from a missionary friend, and tried a new recipe for flour-less chocolate cookies.

{they turned out kind of weird looking}
[but still chocfull of chocolaty goodness]

Last Sunday was the CES Fireside by Elder Jensen. It was such a fantastic and inspiring talk about "the unspeakable gift of the Holy Ghost". Something that I really got out of it is that we need to create an environment conducive to having the spirit with us. Sometimes we just need to be still and listen.
The rest of this week has kind of flown by!

This weekend has been one of the best that I've had all school year. Friday night I headed to Jill's apartment for dinner. She had invited some new guys in her ward over to join us. We made tacos and then I made chocolate chip cookie dough brownies for dessert.

{by the time I managed to snap a picture, this was all that was left}
[brownies from scratch with egg-less cookie dough pressed on top = pretty intense]

The food was so good and the company was even better! After dinner we played a few rounds of scum (all of which I lost :P) and then headed to classic skating for their ward activity. I hadn't been roller skating since elementary school, so it was a bit rocky to start, but so fun!! I was steadily getting better but then towards the end I lost my balance and totally biffed it in a major way. Someone kindly stopped to help me up and after assessing the damage I decided that it would be most prudent to call it a night. On our way back from skating we spotted a giant owl statue and, of course, had to stop to get an "owling" picture.

{if you don't know what owling is, look it up :P}

We ended up going back to the guys' apartment and just chatting about movies and music and stuff. All the guys were so nice (and good looking :P)! I was very impressed. Eventually Jill and I were getting a bit sleepy so we decided to head back to her apartment. It wasn't in the original plan, but I ended up sleeping over because I didn't really feel like walking home and she had a free bed anyway. It was so nice to not be alone again. I miss having a roommate a lot. It was so nice to just talk as we got into bed and were falling asleep. We didn't set an alarm for the morning (love) and just stayed in bed until we darn well pleased. Breakfast consisted of breakfast burritos made from leftovers from dinner...haha. We ended up walking up to my place and then up to the temple. It was super crowded, but it was so nice to be there.

{and what a gorgeous day it was too :)}

We had dinner at the cannon and our time-together marathon was brought to an end by the oh-so-joyful prospect or work. Best 25 hours ever. No lie.

Such an awesome time. Made some great food. Met some awesome people. Had some fantastic conversations. Spent some quality time with one of the most amazing people I know.

My life is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment