Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 => 2012

whew...2011 is over! What a fantastic year it has been. I have been so incredibly blessed. Though, not gonna lie, this year has probably been the most difficult year of my life thus far. There were a couple walls that I had to climb over, dig under, or blast through and, I must admit, I stood there and stared at some of them for quite a while before I managed to conquer them. But, I know I ended the year a stronger, more experienced, better person than I was at the beginning. Here's a quick rundown of my year:

1. I finished my freshman year of college. What an experience that was. I am no longer surprised that many people say that the best time of their lives were their college years.

2.I learned what it felt like to get your heart broken. Not fun. At all. But I also learned that it does get better. Eventually. Sometimes it just takes a while, but life will go on.

3. I had my first full-time job. Great experience, but I think I'd rather just go to school forever. Just sayin.

4. I developed a unfortunate baking hobby (in case you couldn't tell). I love baking, it's just unfortunate because then, I eat it.

5. My older brother finally got back from his mission and now it's a party eryday :P

6. I met some wonderfully amazing, fantastic people and started a job that I absolutely love :)

So yeah, pretty great year :)

And now, 2012!!!!!!!!!!
wooooooooooooo!!! I am so ready for this! got some goals and everything :P
so some new years resolutions...

-run a half marathon. (I really want to be that cool)
-work on my baking skillz.
-become fluent in EspaƱol.
-grow closer to my Heavenly Father and to His son, Jesus Christ.

And there's a whole bunch more, but I will not bore you with them. I think these ones are a good place to start. I love having goals but, more often than not, I expect too much of myself and find myself getting discouraged. Being kind to yourself is so important. Don't have ridiculous, unattainable goals for yourself, have a little self-compassion and make them realistic. If, at some point, you have to stop and re-think, don't worry about it. You'll get going soon enough. And sometimes you even have to do a little backtracking. Backing up is good for you! Just step back and reevaluate. Sometimes life just doesn't go the way you're hoping it will, but remember, God is in control and His plan is much better than anything that you could ever dream up. True story.

I hope ya'll had an amazing year and that you have another one ahead of you. Make some goals, get out of your comfort zone a bit, just go for it and see all the wonderful things that life has to offer! I'll keep you posted on how my goals and the year progresses :) and I'll be sure to post about the rest of break as soon as I find some time.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment