Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's November!!!

Ahhhhh...It's November!!! You know what that means? It means my brother will be home in 15 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case you can't tell...I am unbelievably excited : D

Last week ended the perfect way with the success of a new recipe! For my floor meeting last Sunday I made mint chocolate-chip cookies and let me tell you...they were so yummy!!! I will definitely be repeating that one.


{you know you want one}

Last Saturday night was Helamanoween (the Halloween dance here in the dorms). It was definitely a lot of fun dancing and hanging out with everyone. Then Monday night was Halloween and trick-or-treating! I was on duty, but I still dressed up...as a ballerina. Yes, a ballerina. A really awesome ballerina. Evidence:

{heeheehee}

This past Tuesday I had the very special opportunity to hear from the beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson at devotional. It was a truly wonderful experience and was totally worth the hour and a half that we waited outside in the rain and cold to get good seats. His message was to be an example of the believers. Our opportunities to shine are limitless.

{us, waiting in line outside the marriot center}
[it was just a bit cold and perhaps a tad wet as well :P]
That night for staff meeting we made caramel apples! I had never had one before and they were so good! A lovely braeburn apple dripping in caramel covered in pretzel pieces, shaved chocolate and nuts = deliciousness.

On Thursday I tried another new recipe: applesauce oatmeal muffins. They turned out quite well (well enough that I ate a whole bunch of them :P).

{hellooo breakfast}
Friday night I went on a double date with Graham and it was fantastic! We went up to Salt Lake for piano concert given by Ludovico Einaudi. His work is simply amazing, so beautiful (if you haven't ever heard any of his music you NEED to go look him up RIGHT NOW, just sayin). The concert was in an old church and the lights were down, creating the perfect atmosphere for his music. After the concert we drove around Salt Lake and found a wendy's and got some frosties. Then we played bananagrams until I was about ready to fall asleep. It was a great evening, spending time with some awesome people.

{Ludovico, Clark, Trista, Graham, and me :)}
This video is a recording of his piece Nuvole Bianche, one of his better known songs. Enjoy :)

Saturday was fun as well. Saturday night I went on a group date with Mark, for which, we played sardines in the wilk. After I got home I got to hang our with some of the amazing girls on my floor :)

Sunday was kind of rocky, not gonna lie. Actually this whole past week has been kind of off and on rough. This week is just going to be a scheduling nightmare and I just have so much going on, it's ridiculous. But my day kind of turned around when I went and sat with my wonderful friend Lisa as she played the piano after church and just sang with her. It was a beautiful thing and definitely brought the spirit. Sunday night Elder Packer came and spoke for the CES fireside.

This week is going to be ridiculous. I'll let you know if I survive :P

Note to self: 'Look inside yourself. You are more than you have become. Remember who you are.' ~ Lion King

No comments:

Post a Comment