Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

catch up #2: Julyyyyyy

So...July. July started out on the right foot with a trip to the Washington D.C. temple with mi Madre. I  absolutely love going to the temple. What a beautiful place it is. I get there and instantly feel as if I've come home after having been away for far too long.

{mi y mi Madre <3}





















Then on Wednesday the 13th my best friend reported to the MTC. He called Tuesday night to say goodbye and I was totally fine until the second I hung up the phone. I was only not fine for a minute or two because it's hard to be too sad when you're so excited for them. Some days (like today), I really miss him and feel rather lonely. I wish I could just call him up and talk to him. But it's already been two weeks so hopefully time will continue to clip on at this pace.
Next was...THE LAST HARRY POTTER MOVIE! I went with my family to see it and I must admit that it was pretty good. I just can't believe that it's over; my childhood has ended, but Harry Potter will always be part of my life. There will never be anything else quite like it.

{with the little bro waiting for the movie to start}
[don't know about you, but I love the face]

This past month, I had the pleasure of reading a book titled "A Heart Like His" by Virginia H. Pearce (a daughter of President and Sister Hinckley). It has been very enlightening. The book is all about opening your heart to others and letting the walls around your heart down. It was definitely something that I found I need to work on. So many times it's just easier to keep to yourself, to be guarded, but I have discovered through this book the blessings of opening your heart and letting it be filled with God's love that you might share it with others. I highly recommend it :)
This summer I also managed to obtain a job. I've been working full time in the U.S. Army War College Library. I check books in, check books out, stack books, sort books, shelve books, edit reports about books, basically, all things book. I have thoroughly enjoyed it though I am very glad that next week is the last one. It has kept me busy all summer and I am looking forward to my last work-free week of summer :)

catch-up = terminated

*note to self...don't date premies, just don't do it (it makes life WAY more complicated than it needs to/should be)


No comments:

Post a Comment