Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Life Lately- Summer: Part 1

so far Summer has been filled with running and swimming and lots of adventures :)

The weekend between spring and summer term was filled with adventure and fun since it was basically the extent of my summer vacation. Saturday afternoon was spent hiking Squaw Peak. It was a fantastic hike. A little steep but beautiful and in good company :) When we finished we got some in-n-out and went hot-tubbing. It was a good day :)

{only 3 more steeps...}
The next week summer classes commenced and I have to say that they are some of my favorite and most interesting classes that I've taken so far at BYU.

That first week of classes contained my birthday!!! It was probably the best birthday I've ever had. I went out for dinner with my friend Taylor and when we got back to my apartment I opened the door and there were about 30 people from my ward waiting to surprise me. I have never been more surprised in my entire life. I was so overwhelmed by the love and friendship that I'm surrounded by.

{a birthday balloon crown, my favorite fake tatt, and birthday decorations :)}
That weekend we went on an adventure to hike Mt. Nebo, except we didn't exactly make it to the hiking part due to poor planning and lack of knowledge. It was frustrating to say the least...

{Mt. Nebo}
So we decided to go on a different adventure to the rope swings at Burraston Ponds in Mona. It was way fun! I went on the rope swing from an 8 foot platform and then Josh and Aaron somehow convinced me to jump off a 15 foot platform in a tree. slightly terrifying but rather exhilarating.

{notice the fantastic ombre of my skin from white to less white...haha}
The next week I went on a laser-tagging adventure with some guys in my ward. We played four games and it was a blast! On the last round the four of us were on our own team and we took 3rd overall (the other teams had like 20 people) and we took 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 7th in individual places. skill. I felt so accomplished :P Then we went and played kickball, which I haven't played in so long, and it was a lot more fun than I remember it being. plus, I wasn't too shabby at it either.

Over the course of a couple weeks my friend Ryan and I discovered our mutual nerdiness and decided to watch all the LOTR extended versions. It was a good life decision. I had never seen the extended versions and they were fantastic. If you haven't seen them you really should.

The 4th of July was a fantastic break from school and turned out to be a really good day. I ate breakfast with my cousins, went to back to the rope swings in Mona, went to a street fair and got a henna tattoo, had a ward cookout, played volleyball, and watched fireworks from the point of the mountain. solid.

{cousins!}
We rounded out the week with the most fantastic thunderstorm I've even seen in Utah. So naturally we had to go run around in it. Rain is the best :) That was the same day I decided I wanted to run a half-marathon in September. I was quite miffed about a situation so I decided to go on a run to blow off some steam. I ran until I felt good enough to go home...7 miles later. It was then that I realized I was in better shape than I thought and that running in a half was a realistic possibility so I decided to go for it and I've been training ever since :) It's gonna be good.

4 comments:

  1. which half are you going to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my Marathon!! It's beautiful!! You'll love it! A couple people from my ward are doing it. I thought about it, but decided I wasn't going to pay more for a half than I did for my full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma you haven't updated your blog in such a long time! :(

    ReplyDelete