Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Today was just one of those days...

One of those awesome days, that is :)
I absolutely love general conference weekend! It is so wonderful to be able to spend hours just sitting there listening to the servants of the Lord and hearing them tell me what the Lord would have me hear. That is one of the most fantastic things about it, even though everyone hears or reads the same words, we all get something different and uniquely personal out of it.
I started off the morning by getting up nice and early and going on a lovely run. I ran up by the temple and decided to just go and have a sit for a few minutes on the temple grounds and what a great decision that was. Just being near the temple, you can feel the special spirit that it holds and it gave me a jump start to preparing to listen to conference. Then I made pancakes and scrambled eggs and had breakfast with Terra and Morgan (two of my wonderfully fantastic co-RAs). And the best thing about this breakfast was that it was all natural and local. That's right. We had 16-grain pancake mix from the farmer's market, real maple syrup, and fresh raspberries from the farmer's market...yum :) This is the kind of thing that just makes me so excited, it's kind of ridiculous. I just love buying and making and eating food that's good for my body and makes me feel good. Then came the first session of conference and President Monson announced that they are renovating the Provo Tabernacle and that it will become the the second Provo Temple!!! So exciting :D
Both sessions were great and I look forward to tomorrow.
Today I also cleaned my room, did some laundry, did some homework, and took a nap. so...a very productive and uplifting day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment